To make a trip to Vietnam in the near future, a visa is one of the important documents that Canadian citizens need to prepare for the trip and one major advantage is that Canada is one of the many countries which the embassy of Vietnam is located. The embassy Vietnam in Canada is an important office to help travelers solve problems on the issuance of tourist visas. Here is some information as well as the visa applying process of the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada.
Some information about the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada
- Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6M8, CANADA
- Telephone number: (1613) 236 0772
- Hotlines: 1613-882-6699/ 343-777-8384/ 343-777-4999
- Fax: (1613) 236 2704
- Email: [email protected] [email protected]
- Visiting Hours (except Holiday closures):
- Monday: 13:30 pm – 16:30 pm
- Wednesday: 9:30 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 16:30
- Friday: 9:30 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 16:30
The visa applying process of the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada
If you hold a Canadian passport – a nation among the group of countries which do not exempt from a Vietnamese visa, you must have a valid visa to enter Vietnam.
You apply for a Vietnamese visa at the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada. The visa will be:
- Issued by: Embassy of Vietnam in Canada
- Processed in 4 to 5 working days
- Attached to the original passport
Notes: Before applying for a Vietnamese visa, you must ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months and there are some blank pages.
The necessary paperwork for applying for visa at the Embassy
- An application form for visa issuance on the printed form (the form may change depending on the representative office of Vietnam in the foreign country). The applicant needs to fill in all required details.
- – 4cmx6cm or 3cmx4cm photos (2 photos) to paste into the application form for visa issuance.
- – The original passport which must be valid for at least 06 months.
The application form, original passport and photos will be sent to the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada. If requested, the results can be sent to the post office (you will need to provide a stamped envelope with your full name and address).
Other ways to get Vietnam visa from Canada
Visa on Arrival
It is very convenient for people who live away from the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada and do not want to send the original passport to the post office.
- Issuing authority: Vietnam Immigration Department
- Processing time: 1 or 2 working days
- No original passport required
- Process: Visit the website http://www.vietnam-visa.com, fill in the online application form, and wait for only 2 working days (for the normal service) or 1 working day (for the emergency service). After that, you will receive your visa approval letter, and then bring this letter of approval + your passport + 2 photos + stamping fee (USD) to stamp your visa at the airport.
Details can be found easily HERE.
You visit https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt to download and complete the form as prescribed. After around 3 working days, if being approved, you will get the e-visa via an e-mail. Finally, print it and present at Vietnam airport you arrive.
The above information will be very helpful if you are looking for the way of applying for Vietnam visa in Canada. We are happy to answer any questions you may have!