Being a French citizens and wanna visit Vietnam? Here are useful information when you find out about Vietnam Visa procedures for French!
In case you want to stay for less than 15 days, you are not required to apply for Vietnam Visa. There are 2 conditions to get Vietnam Visa exemptions: First, you visa must have at least 6 months of validity and 2 blank pages for the immigration stamp. Besides, the arrival date does not fall within 30 days from the exit date of the last stay in Vietnam.
If you want to remain in Vietnam for extended period or your arrival date falls into 30days from the last stay, you need to apply for a Vietnam Visa. There are currently 2 ways of applying visa which is applying directly at Embassy of Vietnam in France, and applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival. Each way has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Applying Visa at Embassy
Currently, there is a Vietnam Embassy and Consulate in Paris, France, Vietnamese Visa applicants can come in person to these places to get their visa approval. The detailed contacts and address are as follow:
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN PARIS, FRANCE
Address: 62-66 Rue Boileau, 75016 Paris, FRANCE
Phone: 01 44 14 64 0
Fax: 01 44 96 70 89
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN PARIS, FRANCE
Address: 2, Le Verrier, 75006 Paris, FRANCE
Phone: (331) 4432 0877
Fax: (331) 4432 0879
Email: [email protected]
It will take you about 5 business days to complete the procedure and you will get your visa stamp prior to your trip to Vietnam.
- Applying Vietnam Visa on Arrival from France
For those who intend to visit Vietnam by air, this type of visa application is highly recommended thanks to its convenience, time and cost efficiency. You don’t have to go directly to the Embassy or Consulate because all procedures are made online.
Besides, applicants don’t need to prepare or send necessary document or sponsorship documents away. Lastly, the processing time is definitely shorter: only from 4 working hours (super urgent cases) to 2 working days (normal cases) with tourist visa, and from 2 days (super urgent cases) to 7 days (normal cases) with business visa.
The procedure includes few simple steps:
- Filling in an Vietnam Visa Form with written information including your personal information and that of your trip.
- Receiving Visa Approval Letter via mail after making payment. You can make payment using Credit/Debit Card. Please visit our website to find out more information on Service and Stamping fee. Please note that the service fee will depend on your type of visa, number of application and its urgency.
- Lastly, your visa will be stamped at the international airport that you arrive at. Please bring along necessary documents and stamping fee to finish your procedure.
- Visa on Arrival is only available for those who intend to enter Vietnam by air, visitors who want to cross Vietnam by land or sea please go to the nearest Embassy or Consulate to apply for visa.