Nom Hoa Chuoi (called Vietnamese Banana Blossom Salad) is one of the typical Vietnamese dishes and cannot-be-missed in cooking menu of a half-day Hanoi cooking tour by Master Chef – one among best-sellers Hanoi tours. This Vietnamese salad is truly perfect for a hot summer day as it is highlighted by the hot-tart play of chili and lime off the crisp rings of the banana flower.
- Heat a bit of extra virgin palm oil in a non-stick pan. Season shrimps with salt and a bit of white pepper and grill for 3 minutes.
- Place sliced banana flower in a bowl of ice water and lime juice for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, squeeze the blossom until dry and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolved.
- Combine the banana flower, mango, shallots, carrot, green chili, and coriander in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss until well mixed.
- Place grilled shrimps on salad.
- Sprinkle peanuts and serve.
(According to Asian food channel)